Lamentations 3:40- “Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.”
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. What good did I do today? Did I go out of my way to show someone kindness?
2. In what area, did I blow it? Did I act or react out of fear or selfishness? Was I resentful or dishonest?
3. Have I kept something to myself that I should discuss with someone at once?
4. Did I do or say anything that hurt someone else today?
5. Do I owe amends for something I said or did?
6. What did I learn from my actions today?
7. What could I have done better?
The Bible teaches us that we cannot make much of our lives until self-searching becomes a regular habit. Until we can admit and accept what we find; and until we can patiently and persistently try and correct our behavior, we will not grow in our relationship with Christ. Ask yourself a couple of more questions before you pray and ask for God’s help and guidance:
1. Am I foolishly letting this inventory time slip by?
2. Am I truly seeking those things within me that are causing problems with my relationship to God and others?